Passionate .NET developer, architect, writer.
Professional carrier started with C++ in early 90x: ported 2D CAD graphic library from SGI Iris Indigo to Windows NT. Due to some of my optimizations NT version worked 20x faster on 1K$ PC/AT machine than original lib on 200K$ Indigo.
Later on in late 90x I authored well known Delphi components:
- XLGrid – MS Excel-like spreadsheet engine;
- XLEditors – improved VCL editor library;
- Layers – Photoshop-like alpha-blended controls featuring MMX-powered inlines.
In 2000 I moved to Germany, Frankfurt. Until 2005 was a die hard Delphi fan, but left Delphi in favor of C# after release of .NET Framework 2.0. The language of choice is now found.
Focused mostly on Line of Business applications, accompanying libraries, technologies, UI frameworks. It may sounds strange but I still prefer WinForms to WPF for desktop development. And still like Silverlight very much for hybrid web/desktop offline/disconnected applications.
Right now struggling with stepchild of Silverlight called WinRT.
Author of several open source projects:
- Kind of Magic – MSBuild task for effortless INotifyPropertyChanged
- Lex.DB – superfast, cross-platform, embedded, POCO database engine written in C#.
- Lex.DB.Sync – lightweight synchronization framework for WCF Data Services and Web Api, powered by Lex.DB.
Feel free to read some of my articles, leave a feedback or comment.